Until about five years ago, Isero ran a web shop on outdated technology. The website wasn’t interactive and had an old-fashioned look & feel. But now everything is different.
150,000 products available online
Isero is the most specialized hardware wholesaler and service provider for construction experts and technical services in the Benelux region. The company specializes in hinges and locks, tools, fittings and fasteners, workwear and personal protective equipment. Around 65,000 products are available online at isero.nl – and through a network of partners, up to 150,000 items can even be ordered reliably.
Digitization to improve customer focus
Besides replacing the old-fashioned shop, the replatforming project had two major tasks:
- to increase customer satisfaction
- to improve the customer loyalty
However, the digitization of the successful B2B company was only beginning. Because the reorganization was regarded in its entirety, the extensive portfolio was furthermore supplemented by service, consulting and maintenance.
With its brand new digital customer portal, Isero has all what it needs to achieve its goals: not only a commerce platform through which customers have access to the entire range of services and know-how, but also the deep integration of various systems:
- Intershop Commerce Platform on Azure
- Integration with ERP system (Microsoft AX)
- Integration with PIM system (Akeneo)
A B2B website as customer portal
No matter if it is videos or tutorials a customer seeks or if a very urgent need arises: The website is now always the first address:
- Craftsmen who are faced with an emergency repair on a construction site can find advice from service staff via chat or WhatsApp.
- Site managers can plan more flexibly, as deliveries can be made at short notice - for example, in changing weather conditions.
- If a machine breaks down, a replacement can be provided quickly.
All in all, however, more and more construction experts need to plan their use of consumables. Therefore, many orders are placed via the customer portal. The benefits are:
- Those responsible can view the order history and invoices directly.
- The registration, inspection and maintenance can be organized via the tool management.
In order to be able to put their customer portal into operation, Isero needed to invest in their IT structure, the organization of data, in the platform and in training of their staff. The project was driven throughout the entire organization - in keeping with Isero's motto "From makers for makers".
Do you want to read the whole story? ➡️ Head over to our customer page!